In order to meet our criteria, your DBS check must be:
1. Less than 3 years old (or if you are on the update service, we need to see the original certificate, and when uploading your DBS to Lantum there is an option to give consent for us to check the update service)
2. An Enhanced Disclosure certificate - this means that there are 5 fields which are all requested
3. From England, not Scotland or Ireland. This is because other countries, including Scotland and Ireland, keep their own Children's and Vulnerable Adults' Barred Lists, and as you will be working in England it must be relevant to England.
4. Clear and readable image, showing all 4 corners of the page (we cannot accept certificates where part of the page has been cropped).
Please note, if your DBS is more than 3 years old or not fully enhanced, you can apply for a new one using this guide.
If you have convictions or cautions on your DBS certificate, this will be passed onto our Head of Clinical Governance to review. We will need to see two clinical references returned if your DBS states a caution or conviction before we can accept this.
An example is below:
DBS Update Service
When you receive a new DBS certificate you can apply to be on the DBS Update Service within 14 days of receiving this. If you are on the update service, this means you no longer need to apply for a new DBS every 3 years, as long as you keep your original certificate.
When you have registered, this means you can
1. Take your certificate from one job to the next
2. Give employers permission to check your certificate online, and see who has checked it
3. Add or remove a certificate.
Please note, the update service doesn't keep a copy of your original certificate and gives a brief overview of whether anything has changed. Therefore the original certificate is still needed alongside the update service to show what information was included in the original check. For example, that all 5 fields were requested.
If you'd like to chat with a member of our Clinical Governance team about your documents, please email email@example.com
If you experience any technical issues or have questions, please contact the Customer Support team.
You can get in touch either by using the online chat in the bottom left-hand corner, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org