When you log into your profile, you’ll see that there are three different levels of both safeguarding courses you can upload your certificates to:
- We will only accept a certificate in each individual field that states the corresponding level
- Safeguarding Children level 3 is the current requirement for GPs and must be within the last 3 years
- We will only accept a certificate for level 1 in the Safeguarding Adults level 1 field
- In the Safeguarding Adults level 2 field, we will accept level 2 or 3 and this must be within the last 3 years
- In the Safeguarding Adults level 3 field, we will only accept level 3 and this must be within the last 3 years
Where possible the document uploaded must be a certificate stating your name, the date of completion and show the relevant level:
If you cannot provide a certificate and only a screenshot of your results (e.g. this has been done through ESR), please ensure the screenshot shows your name and date of completion or expiry.
Please note that if a practice has set Safeguarding Children Level 3 as a governance blocker, you will need to upload a level 3 certificate in the correct field.
Similarly, if a practice has set Safeguarding Adults Level 2 as a governance blocker, you will need to upload a level 2 or 3 certificate in that field. Or Safeguarding Adults Level 3, you need to upload a level 3 certificate into that field.
This will be stated when you try to apply for a session, and you may not need to upload all 3 certificates to be able to apply for a session at a practice that has set these courses as mandatory requirements.
If you'd like to chat with a member of our Clinical Governance team about your documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org