- What is Bupa?
- How do I start working for Bupa?
- What are the benefits of working with Bupa through Lantum over another provider?
- How much does Bupa pay?
- Is Bupa onboarding paid?
- Am I eligible to work Bupa remote consultation shifts?
- What is the onboarding process?
- What documents do I need to upload for Bupa?
- Can I do the screening/training on a weekend?
- Can I apply for Bupa remote consultations if I am based outside the UK?
- I’m not a GP, can I work Bupa remote consultation shifts?
- Is there a minimum commitment?
- Are there any pension contributions?
- What is the duration of the shifts and when are they?
- Are the shifts conducted via telephone or video?
- Do I need to pay for the laptop?
- What IT system does Bupa use?
- What Clinical Support is in place on the remote service?
- Is there an opportunity for clinicians to engage with the clinical community?
- Do I need indemnity cover?
- How many appointments will I deliver per session?
- What happens if a patient needs to be seen?
- What type of patients will I see during my shifts appointments with?
- Am I expected to consult with children?
What is Bupa?
Bupa Clinics deliver remote consultations via telephone or video for private customers. Lantum has partnered with Bupa to make it easier for you to book into remote consultation shifts.
How do I start working for Bupa?
Only GPs that have completed Bupa’s onboarding process are eligible to see and apply for Bupa shifts through Lantum. As part of the onboarding Bupa will send you a laptop and headset while also providing paid training and resources you need to successfully deliver patient care.
Start the process here.
What are the benefits of working with Bupa through Lantum over another provider?
Work remotely from the comfort of your home. All you need is a professional, confidential consulting space with a homeworking set up i.e., desk, chair, second screen etc.
Can't work one week? No problem. Because GPs use Lantum to "opt-in" to shifts, there's no need to swap shifts or re-arrange your plans — you can simply choose not to apply for shifts during the time you'll be unavailable.
If there are specific hours you'd like to work, use the negociate tool to request custom shift times.
How much does Bupa pay?
Bupa remote consultation shifts are paid at £75.00 per hour.
Is Bupa onboarding paid?
Successful candidates will be paid at the same hourly rate as Bupa remote consultation shifts. This includes the initial screening call and both days of onboarding.
Am I eligible to work Bupa remote consultation shifts?
To be eligible to work for Bupa, you must have over 12 months of post-CCT experience in a UK GP setting. Bupa GPs are expected to work three or more sessions a week.
You must also:
- Be approved on the Lantum platform
- Provide up-to-date compliance documents, see key documents below
- Not be subject to an ongoing GMC investigation
- Have no restrictions on practice
- Be in the UK to carry out Bupa remote consultation shifts
What is the onboarding process?
Note: Before starting onboarding your profile must be approved by Lantum and all key documents must also be uploaded and approved.
Bupa onboarding is made up of 3 easy steps:
- Attend a screening session. This is a quick 30-minute call between yourself and Bupa.
- Book a full day training session compensated at the same hourly rate as Bupa remote consultation work.
- Complete a day of consulting with patients via a relaxed clinical diary.
Once you've completed all the onboarding steps, you can start applying for shifts with Bupa through Lantum.
Find out more about the onboarding process here.
What documents do I need to upload for Bupa?
- Up to date CV
- Enhanced DBS
- GMC Certificate
- Evidence of your last NHS appraisal
- Certificate of Completion of Training
- Medical Indemnity
- Safeguarding Adults - level 3
- Safeguarding Children - level 3
- Data Security Awareness
- Basic Life Support Certificate
Can I do the screening/training on a weekend?
Currently all onboarding must be done Monday to Friday, between 9am and 6pm.
Can I apply for Bupa remote consultations if I am based outside the UK?
No. You must be in the UK when doing Bupa remote consultations. You will also need to be registered with the GMC and on the GP register.
I’m not a GP, can I work Bupa remote consultation shifts?
Only GPs can work Bupa remote consultation shifts.
Is there a minimum commitment?
GPs are strongly encouraged to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week. To ensure you stay up-to-date with Bupa’s processes and software, you may be asked to undergo training again if you do not work a shift within a 28-day period.
Are there any pension contributions?
There are no pension contributions for Bupa remote consultation shifts.
What is the duration of the shifts and when are they?
Shifts are available 7 days a week. The duration and start time of each shift varies and will be detailed in the sessions advertised on the Lantum platform by Bupa.
Are the shifts conducted via telephone or video?
Consultations are conducted via telephone and video depending on customer preference.
Do I need to pay for the laptop?
Bupa will send you a laptop free of charge for you to conduct the remote consultations. If you decide you no longer want to pick up sessions with Bupa please inform the team manager so that Bupa can arrange your offboarding and equipment collection. If you don’t pick up a session within 1 calendar month it will be assumed, if not agreed, you no longer wish to deliver service as a Bupa GP and the offboarding process will be actioned.
What IT system does Bupa use?
Bupa uses the following IT systems:
- Meddbase – Clinical EMR and Telemedicine delivery system
- Signature RX – electronic prescribing system
- Datix – Incident logging and management system
You’ll receive training on all IT systems you’re expected to use during the onboarding process.
What Clinical Support is in place on the remote service?
All GPs have access to several Microsoft Team chats where you can post clinical queries to get support from the wider team and Lead Physicians and link in with administrative and Team Manager support in real time.
Is there an opportunity for clinicians to engage with the clinical community?
Bupa Remote Services have a scheduled huddle each session where you will be able to come together with other clinicians on the service and discuss clinical cases where required.
Do I need indemnity cover?
GPs must provide their own indemnity cover to work Bupa remote shifts.
How many appointments will I deliver per session?
Currently you would deliver a maximum of 11 appointments per 4-hour session.
What happens if a patient needs to be seen?
If a patient needs to be seen in person, you can refer them to their NHS GP, urgent care, A/E or 111.
What type of patients will I see during my shifts appointments with?
All Bupa patients are private.
Am I expected to consult with children?
Yes, you will be expected to see a mix of children and adults.