This page contains the code of conduct for all healthcare providers using the Lantum platform and software.
Healthcare providers using the Lantum software:
- Pay locums and staff fairly and on time
- Are supportive
- Are polite and respectful
- Are honest about their expectations
- Honour their commitments
All healthcare providers are encouraged to complete feedback for staff after a session.
All healthcare providers in the community should follow these guidelines to ensure a positive and enriching experience for other users.
Lantum operates a ‘three warnings’ system to protect you and all users (staff and healthcare providers) from behaviour that goes against the code of conduct, and where our feedback system cannot be used or is not appropriate.
In brief: where formal action could be taken:
- A no-show to a booked session (staff)
- Turning staff away from a booked session (healthcare provider)
- Last minute cancellations (5 business days before session) without reason (healthcare provider)
- Abusive language or actions towards each other or towards Lantum (staff or healthcare provider)
- Feedback about an individual’s or a healthcare providers performance which could adversely affect patient safety, staff and or the GP
If we need to provide warnings on any of the above these will stay on the individual’s or healthcare provider’s internal profile (not visible to others) for 6 months, after which they expire and are deleted.
If 3 warnings are received within a 6 month period or there is a serious concern, there will be a discussion around whether the profile will be deactivated for a period of time commensurate to the concerns that have been raised, for example, deactivation for a period of 1 month.
In more detail:
- A no-show to a booked session
- Turning staff away from a booked session
When a session is booked, both staff and healthcare provider receive booking confirmations and upcoming job reminders.
It is the responsibility of both users to check the Lantum platform for bookings. If a session is no longer needed, you must withdraw the session on the platform and both parties will receive a cancellation email.
- Last minute cancellations without reason
We do appreciate that occasionally things do come up last minute, for example vaccination deliveries do not arrive on time; however, please make every effort to withdraw shifts as soon as you can, at least 5 business days’ before the start date.
- Abusive language or actions towards each other or towards Lantum
At Lantum, our mission is to empower and support staff and healthcare providers. Therefore we will not tolerate abusive language or threatening behaviour towards each other or towards patients and we take these actions very seriously. If you or a patient has received abusive language or threatening behaviour, please contact our support team on 0203 771 8411 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feedback about an individual’s or healthcare providers performance which could adversely affect patient safety, staff or the GP
Where there are persistent and/or serious concerns about a GPs misconduct or clinical performance, the GP’s profile may be deactivated whilst the matter is reviewed internally. The review will be led by the Head of Customer Operations and a senior member of the Clinical Governance team.
The GP’s Responsible Officer at NHS England will be informed and if indicated the GP will be referred to the GMC.
Where there are persistent and/or serious concerns about a healthcare provider, the profile may be deactivated whilst the matter is reviewed internally. The review will be led by the Head of Customer Operations and Head of Customer Success.
Where there are persistent and/or serious incidents profiles may be removed from the Lantum platform and services will no longer be available.
The final decision will be made by the Lantum Leadership team.
Please see the following sections within our help desk on how to provide feedback:
- How to provide feedback or make a complaint about a Practice?
- How to provide feedback or make a complaint about a locum?
If you experience any technical issues or have questions, please contact the Customer Support team.
You can get in touch either by using the online chat (08:00-21:00 weekdays, 08:00-20:00 weekends) in the bottom right-hand corner or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, call us on 0203 771 8411 (08:00 – 21:00 weekdays, weekends 08:00 – 20:00)