Currently, there are two types of DBS applications:
- Traditional DBS application which covers both standard and COVID-19 sessions
- A temporary COVID-19 DBS application specifically for COVID-19 sessions only
Traditional DBS covering both standard and COVID-19 sessions
If you wish to apply for a traditional enhanced DBS:
- this is an enhanced DBS covering both standard and COVID-19 sessions
- this application usually takes anywhere between 2 days and 3 weeks (this is being fast-tracked where possible)
- the enhanced DBS check cost is £53 per application (required for all clinical staff e.g. GP, Nurse).
- the standard DBS check cost is £36 per application (required for all non-clinical staff, e.g. receptionists).
- this DBS certificate is valid for 3 years (and then a yearly check will be completed after 3 years if on the DBS Update Service)
- you can join the DBS Update Service with this DBS certificate.
COVID-19 DBS specifically for COVID-19 sessions only
If you wish to apply for a COVID-19 DBS:
- this is specifically for COVID-19 sessions only
- this will be fast-tracked
- this DBS application is will be free of charge, however there is an admin fee
- the admin fee is £12, the fee is from Disclosure Services for processing the application (please note Lantum do not take any fees)
- this DBS certificate will only last for the period of COVID-19 sessions
- you cannot join the update service with a COVID-19 DBS certificate.
Further information - getting started with your DBS application
All DBS certificates will be posted directly to the applicant after processing.
There are a few simple steps to applying as outlined below depending on the type of DBS certificate you wish to apply for. You will be required to do an ID check before we can fully submit the application, this will be explained in the 'getting started' guides below:
If you'd like to chat with a member of our Clinical Governance team about your documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any technical issues or have questions, please contact the Customer Support team.
You can get in touch either by using the online chat in the bottom left-hand corner, or via email email@example.com