Babylon are an innovative health technology company providing digital GP consultations to patients both privately and through NHS services. Patients are usually able to access appointments within 2 hours, and appointments are booked in through our app.
GP sessions are a mix of both telephone and video consultation. They are performed through a specialist portal designed especially for digital consultations, and so working for Babylon is paper light with administration time kept to a minimum. The support team are easily accessible for advice through your session through our online chat via our portal.
There is a maximum working time of 8 hours per day for our service with a mandatory 1 hour break (unpaid) after 4 hours. When seeing patients from home we recommend a plain, well-lit background ensuring you are suitably dressed to see patients.
These are the documents required to be able to work a Babylon session:
- CV with all gaps verified
- DBS (enhanced, dated within last 3 years)
- Passport (right to work documents where necessary)
- Medical Indemnity (although for video consulting insurance will be provided by Babylon but we still require your documents for approval and governance purposes)
- Evidence of last appraisal (dated within last 12 months)
- Evidence of revalidation/when revalidation is due
- Safeguarding Children Level 3 (dated within last 3 years)
- Safeguarding Adults Level 2 (dated within last 3 years)
- 1 x written clinical references
- GP biography completed
- Photo uploaded to your profile (which will be displayed on your profile on the Babylon app)
- Scanned copy of your signature (required for electronic prescribing)
Training requirements before you can book:
- You’re required to complete Babylon’s online training academy: 3 separate modules (approx 2-3 hours in total).
- You are then required to do a mock consultation with a Babylon trainer (approx. 30 mins).
**An NDA form needs to be completed, signed and sent back to Lantum before you can begin to commence the Babylon training (to protect their processes).**
If we haven't sent the NDA form to you, please request this from us as soon as possible.
- Will indemnity be provided? Yes, Babylon will provide indemnity cover for this work.
- How would it affect my NHS practice if I enrolled? This work will have no impact.
- Where would patients that I consult with be registered? These patients are private only - The vast majority (99%+) of Babylon patients are from the UK although they do have a small amount of international patients who may use the service.
- Could this work could be done from outside of the UK? Unfortunately Babylon GPs are not currently able to consult outside of the UK.
- Is this NHS or private provision or both? Private only at the moment with the option to do NHS consulting in the near future
- Is any hardware required/ what are the IT requirements? You will be using Babylon's online portal. A PC/laptop is required which is good enough to run Google Chrome with multiple tabs open comfortably. A webcam (built in or external) is necessary for video consultations and a headset/microphone may be preferable but is not essential. A fast internet connection and a quiet, secure location with a plain background is also required.
- How many sessions can I do each day? Maximum working time of 2 sessions per day (max 4hrs) with a minimum break of 1 hour in between (all breaks unpaid).
- How long do I need to have been a GP for? 1 year minimum
- Do I need to be registered as a GP in England to work for Babylon? Yes, you will be required to have a DBS certificate relevant to England and be registered as a GP on the medical performers list for England.