Please note there is a new DBS update service which keeps your DBS updated for only £13 pounds a year. See the bottom of this page for details.
The DBS (CRB) check costs £58.50 and usually takes between 1 to 3 weeks to be processed by the Disclosure and Barring Services. However, please note; the Disclosure and Barring Service has the right to keep your application for up to 90 days if they need to.
All DBS (CRB) checks will be posted directly to the applicant after processing.
There are a few simple steps to applying outlined below and you will be required to do an ID check either in person at our offices or via an external ID checking service.
How to get started
1. We need your consent. Please print off the following document (Applicant Consent Form), sign it and post to the Lantum (formerly Network Locum) offices: FAO Clinical Governance Team, Lantum, 4th Floor, 15 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4DN
2. Payment - please pay us via GoCardless. The cost is £58.50 per application. However if you need an external ID check (and cannot present your documents in person at the Lantum office), there will be an additional cost of £7.50, making the application £66.00
You can pay via Gocardless using the link below. Gocardless is a bank to bank transfer app.
3. Please take a look at our guide to filling in the online DBS application:
Then log on to Disclosure Services using the username and password below:
This will start your application, and remember to choose 'enhanced' certificate.
Please note if you cannot come in person to the Lantum offices to show your documents, you will need to click the “verify” link at the end of the application to submit the request for an external ID check . Please ensure you complete the application in one sitting.
The Identity Check
You can either come into our office (London) for an internal ID check and meet the Lantum team or you can complete an external ID check, where you print off the veri-fy form and bring this to a professional who will check your ID and verify your identity online.
The veri-fy form outlines the suitable people who can confirm your idendity.
If you would like to book an ID check at our office please contact our Clinical Governance team (email@example.com) to arrange a time and date.
If you cannot do this, you must click the “verify ID” button on your DBS/CRB application (final page) and follow the instructions to get your ID verified online.
To check your identity, you will require documents detailed in the lists below.
You will need: one document from the “Group 1” list and a further two documents from Group 1, 2a or 2b. One document must verify the applicant's current address.
- Current valid Passport
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
- Current Driving Licence (UK, Isle of Man /Channel Islands) (Full or provisional)
- A photo card is only valid if the individual presents it with the associated counterpart licence (except Jersey)
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands) - issued at the time of birth;
- Full or short form acceptable including those issued by UK authorities overseas, such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces. (Photocopies are not acceptable)
Group 2a (bills must be dated within the last 3 months)
- Trusted Government/State Issued Documents
- Current UK Driving licence (old style paper version)
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands) - (issued after the time of birth by the General Register Office/relevant authority i.e. Registrars - Photocopies are not acceptable)
- Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- Adoption Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- HM Forces ID Card (UK)
- Fire Arms Licence (UK and Channel Islands)
Group 2b - Financial/Social History Documents
- Mortgage Statement (UK or EEA)** (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted)
- Bank/Building Society Statement (UK or EEA)* (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted)
- Bank/Building Society Account Opening Confirmation Letter (UK)
- Credit Card Statement (UK or EEA)* (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted)
- Financial Statement ** - e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (UK).
- P45/P60 Statement **(UK & Channel Islands)
- Council Tax Statement (UK & Channel Islands) **
- Work Permit/Visa (UK Residence Permit)(valid upto expiry date) **
- Utility Bill (UK)* - Gas
- Utility Bill (UK)* - Electricity
- Utility Bill (UK)* - Water
- Utility Bill (UK)* - Phone (landline only)
- Benefit Statement* - e.g. Child Allowance, Pension
- A document from Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority giving entitlement (UK & Channel Islands)*- e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service , Customs & Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security
- EU National ID Card
- Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK and Channel Islands)
- Letter from Head Teacher or College Principal (16-19 year olds in full time education in the UK (only used in exceptional circumstances when all other documents have been exhausted))
DBS UPDATE SERVICE
Applying for a new DBS is always a bit of headache. Thankfully, there is brand new service which means you can keep your DBS updated for only £13 a year. The catch is that you have to apply for this within 14 days of getting a new DBS. You can join the update service when you next apply for a DBS check, and you may never need to apply for another certificate again!
You can sign up at the following:
When you have registered, this means you can
1. Take your certificate from one job to the next
2. Give employers permission to check your certificate online, and see who has checked it
3. Add or remove a certificate .
You’ll get an ID number with your registration that you need to log on to the service. Only one certificate will ever be needed.
Ask the person who next submits your next DBS(CRB) application for the application form reference number so you can subscribe to the update service when you apply for your DBS check. Or you can use the certificate number on the top of your new DBS check to apply but you must apply within 14 days of your certificate issue date.
If you experience any technical issues or have questions, please contact the Customer Support team.
You can get in touch either by using the online chat (08:00-21:00 weekdays, 08:00-20:00 weekends) in the bottom right-hand corner or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, call us on 0203 771 8411 (08:00 – 21:00 weekdays, weekends 08:00 – 20:00)
One more thing…
If your page display differs from the example layout, please download or update Google Chrome for the latest version.