One of the most important things to ensure when taking on a locum GP for the first time is that they have all the correct documents and are fully licensed to practice as a GP.
We carry out six document checks and two database checks on every single GP who signs up with us.
No locum GP can apply for any sessions until they have been manually checked by one of our Clinical Governance team, and approved by them following the below criteria:
- Certificate of Completion of Training
- Medical Indemnity: This must be in date and show the sessions they are insured for when they upload it, and we send automated reminders to any GP whose indemnity is about to run out to upload their new indemnity.
- An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check which is less than 3 years old: To ensure this is always kept up to date we ask GPs to renew their DBS check every 3 years, and we send them a series of reminders to make sure they do not forget
- Up-to-date CV
- Photo uploaded to their profile so that you can easily identity them when they walk through the door.
The database checks which we carry out are:
- Presence on the GP register and licensed to practice on the GMC register.
- Registered as a GP on the National Performers List.
- If the GP has a non-EU passport we also do a right to work check through our partner Onfido.
We also carry out monthly audits on all Lantum approved GPs on the GMC database and National Performers List, to ensure that our records are up to date.
If the GP passes all of these standards, they are then approved. Once approved, they able to make applications to the jobs you post, or contact you about them, so you can rest assured that any GP you are in contact with on the website has passed above criteria.
If you require more documents from the GPs, please contact our Customer Support team as below.
If you experience any technical issues or have questions, please contact the Customer Support team.
You can get in touch either by using the online chat (08:00-21:00 weekdays, 08:00-20:00 weekends) in the bottom right-hand corner or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, call us on 0203 771 8411 (08:00 – 21:00 weekdays, weekends 08:00 – 20:00)
One more thing…
If your page display differs from the example layout, please download or update Google Chrome for the latest version.