- Why can't I apply for OOH/UTC sessions?
- What do I need to be compliant for these sessions?
- How do I upload documents to my profile?
- Talk to Clinical Governance
- I have another question
Why can't I apply for OOH/UTC sessions?
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, most Out of Hours providers require more documents and an extra level of compliance than you need to book work for standard sessions.
If you haven't uploaded all the documents required to work a particular session, you will be unable to click the Apply button. If you hover over Apply, you will see a list of the documents you'll need to upload in order to work this session.
What do I need to be compliant for these sessions?
The exact documents you need vary from provider to provider. However, we have compiled a list of recommended documents to upload, based on the industry standard.
As well as the 3 core documents required on Lantum (your CV, a valid DBS and your passport), these are the additional documents we suggest you upload:
- Interview with Medical Director/ Clinical Lead/ Practice Manager [If applicable]
- Induction to Urgent treatment centre [If applicable]
- DBS [Enhanced Check]
- Passport [Right to work documents if applicable]
- X2 Clinical References
- Medical Indemnity
- Certificate of Completion of Training
- Revalidation Certificate
- GMC Certificate
Proof of Immunisations:
- Hep B
- MMR (Mumps Measles Rubella)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Basic Life Support Certificate
- Safeguarding Children Level 3
- Safeguarding Adults Level 3
- Data Security Awareness
- Fire Safety Certificate
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Conflict Resolution
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- Preventing Radicalisation
- Moving and Handling
- Deprivation of Liberty
This is not a finite list; some providers do require more or fewer documents.
However, these are the most commonly requested for OOH/ UTC work.
Please note that some practices may not accept an online BLS certificate and will require a face to face BLS certificate.
If you are missing any of these training documents, they can be completed for free on the website: e-LfH
How do I upload documents to my profile?
You can upload documents to your profile here.
Please see our guide on uploading your documents, which explains how to add your documents to your Lantum profile.
If you'd like to chat with a member of our Clinical Governance team about your documents, please email email@example.com
If you experience any technical issues or have questions, please contact the Customer Support team.
You can get in touch either by using the online chat in the bottom left-hand corner, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org